A hotel with a bonus playground is a must have for traveling with preschoolers and toddlers. This is especially relevant at the happiest place on earth. Let your little ones burn off their excess energy at fun playgrounds at
Walt Disney WorldResorts designed with them in mind. Watch them run free in immersive environments featuring soft and textured surfaces, swings, tunnels and slides designed for interaction. However, while all Walt Disney Worldhotels are kid-friendly, not all of them have playground equipment. Fortunately, we have the scoop on which Walt Disney WorldResort hotels offer this important feature.
Accommodations with playgrounds make vacations that much better for families with young children. After a long travel day, a playground can be such a welcome outlet for active preschoolers to release their pent-up energy. Seems like such an easy feature to include, yet not many hotels offer this simple amenity. Yes, pools are fun, but sometimes kids want to run around without getting wet. Which is why it’s important for parents to research what each hotel offers.
There has been the misconception that all Disney World hotels have playgrounds; however, that is unfortunately NOT true. So choose wisely. We have stayed at Disney resorts with and without playgrounds and have experienced the difference. We will book a value resort or stay further from the parks in order to be at the more preschool-friendly resorts. For instance, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort, while incredibly lovely, does not have a playground. The pool is impressive, but no play space. Neither does Disney’s popular Contemporary hotel.
Does it matter? For us, yes, it’s a dealbreaker. Especially since staying at a “Mickey hotel” is my kids’ favorite part.
Also, it’s hard for little ones to last a full day at the parks, but after an afternoon nap they are recharged and ready for more fun. We parents, on the other hand, not so much. Hence the importance of being able to keep kids entertained without having to go off property. Convenience is key! Book a
Read More: A Dad’s Take on Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
Disney World Hotels with Playgrounds:
- All-Star Movies Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- All-Star Sports Resort
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Art of Animation Resort
- BoardWalk Inn
- BoardWalk Villas
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Old Key West Resort
- Pop Century Resort
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel (although the playground resides on the dolphin side).
3 Best Disney World Hotels With Playgrounds
My kids have played at most of the Disney World hotels with playgrounds. Below are their favorites.
- Especially kidtastic is Disney’s Port Orleans hotel. No matter which side you are staying at – Riverside or French Quarter – you can easily walk to either properties’ playground. We stayed at the French Quarter for a weekend and went to a different playground each evening. Their pools are also pretty amazing with water slides and splash zones. Also, at night they do a S’mores campfire and have outdoor movie screenings on certain evenings. Furthermore, both properties have an arcade for inside entertainment too.
- Another favorite hotel of ours is Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, which has a large Mayan pool, water slide, arcade, and a playground with a sandpit area. The two different sections make it ideal for multiple ages. We also like that this resort is reasonably priced, the rooms are large and it’s usually not as crowded as the other properties. We chose to stay here twice because of these great amenities.
3. Additionally, for a non-Disney option, do check out DoubleTree by
What’s your family’s favorite Disney World hotel playground? Comment below with your picks, we would love to read them and hear why! 🙂
There is a lot for preschoolers to do at