Sunglasses for a newborn baby? You bet. We know now what Grandma didn’t know then: That your baby’s eyes can be damaged by harmful UVA and UVB rays, which can cause cataracts, macular degeneration and other eye damage later in life. But which are the best baby sunglasses for your little one?
Here, we list the top choices of baby shades. Most will fit babies up to 24 months old. Each is available for sale on Amazon. And each offers shatter-resistant lenses that fully protect those sweet little peepers from UV damage. But they differ in style and durability.
SheBuysTravel Tip: Sunscreen is important too! Here are our picks for the best sunscreens for babies and little kids.
1. Baby Banz
- 100% UV protection
- Made with BPA-free, phthalate-free and PVC-free materials.
- Soft, flexible, shatter-resistant silicone frames are comfortable for babies to wear and won’t break if baby pulls them off and drops them.
- Wrap-around design
- Velcro-closed strap can be customized to ensure a snug fit
- Come in a variety of colors
- 1-year replacement guarantee for breakage.
Baby Banz infant sunglasses are made with soft, flexible silicone frames and adjustable neoprene straps to ensure a comfortable fit while protecting your baby’s delicate eyes from direct sunlight.
The wrap-around design ensures the sunglasses stay put, and the silicone nose and brow keep baby comfortable while wearing the sunglasses. The Velcro closure is specially designed to be easy to use. Baby Banz sunglasses come in a variety of colors to suit any baby’s personality. Pink Diva Cammo, anyone?
- Made with BPA-free, phthalate-free and PVC-free materials.
- Adjustable to fit most babies and toddlers.
- Soft, comfortable strap keeps them on baby
- Backed by a satisfaction guarantee and warrantied for a full year.
- Available in a variety of colors and styles.
Hipsterkid baby sunglasses come in a variety of styles and colors – from black to neon yellow – to suit your baby’s personality. Whether you’re looking for classic aviators or trendy Ray Ban-style wayfarers, Hipsterkid has a pair of sunglasses that will make your baby look their best.
The frames are made of soft silicone that is comfortable for babies to wear, and the lenses are made of shatter-resistant polycarbonate. Plus, Hipsterkid sunglasses come with a one-year warranty. If your sunglasses break or get lost within the first year, Hipsterkid will replace them for free. All you have to do is pay for shipping.
- Polarized lenses reduce glare and block 100% of UVA, UV and UVC rays
- Made from a durable, BPA-free, flexible material
- No hinges or metal parts, reducing the risk of injury.
- Soft, rubberized finish provides a comfortable fit
- Deluxe Bundle includes a strap and ear adjuster
Made in Italy and assembled in San Diego, Roshambo Baby Sunglasses are bendable, durable ultra-light eyewear that comes in a variety of styles and colors. Roshambo also makes kids sunglasses for toddlers, children ages 5-12 and adults, so the whole family can be outfitted in matching shades!
The virtually unbreakable frames mean these sunglasses can withstand the active lives of babies and toddlers. Choose the Deluxe Bundle to get the strap and ear adjuster kit you’ll need to ensure the sunglasses stay on baby’s head.
Style options include mirrored lenses to make your baby the coolest kid on the block!
- Shatter-resistant lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection
- Flexible rubber frames can withstand rough play
- Free from BPA, phthalates and other harmful substances.
- Available in fun styles
- Does not come with a head strap; you’ll need to buy that separately
- Lost and Found Guarantee: If you register your purchase within 30 days and your child’s sunglasses are lost or broken, they will replace them for free, although you need to pay for shipping.
With fun styles like Babiators Original Navigators, Aviators, Hearts and Keyholes, these sunglasses are designed to give your baby a sense of style. The super flexible frames can stand up to rough play and the shatter-resistant lenses are made from polycarbonate – the same material used in most adult sunglasses. They provide 100% UVA and UVB protection, ensuring your child’s eyes are shielded from harmful sun rays.
One negative: These baby sunglasses do not come with a flexible head strap. You’ll need to buy that separately. However, the company will send you another pair if yours is lost or broken within a year of purchase.
- UV400 lenses offer 100% sun protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Made from a high-quality rubberized material that is safe and comfortable
- Includes an adjustable moisture-wicking neoprene elastic strap to ensure a secure fit
- Frame is durable, flexible and resistant to breaking or snapping
- Available in a variety of adorable colors
COCOSAND Baby Sunglasses are designed to provide superior protection and comfort for your little one’s eyes. These sunglasses feature UV400 lenses that block 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays, and they come with a soft Thermoplastic Elastomers rubberized frame that is safe, lightweight and comfortable for your baby to wear.
This Earth-friendly product comes with an adjustable strap, soft cotton bag and soft glasses cloth. The sunglasses, accessories and packaging are all made from recyclable materials.
- Impact-resistant lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection.
- Lightweight frame, flexible arms and soft nose pads make the sunglasses comfortable
- Classic wayfarer-style design and variety of fun colors
- Made from high-quality materials that are free from harmful chemicals like BPA and phthalates
- Includes microfiber carrying pouch and adjustable strap
- 1-year replacement guarantee
WeeFarers makes stylish and protective eyewear for babies and toddlers. These sunglasses feature impact-resistant lenses that provide 100% UVA and UVB protection, ensuring your child’s eyes are shielded from harmful sun rays.
The sunglasses come with a microfiber carrying pouch and adjustable strap. Plus, there’s a 1-year WeeStyle Guarantee to send a free replacement pair if the sunglasses are lost or damaged.
- Shatter-proof polarized lenses provide 100% protection from sun’s damaging rays
- Flexible plastic frames
- Elastic strap ensure a snug fit
- Includes cloth pouch and elastic strap
The lowest-cost baby sunglasses on our list, BIB-ON Tiny Flyer and Baby Flyer sunglasses are made of toxin-free, food-grade, unpainted, super flexible plastic to withstand twisting and bending without breaking easily. Even better, the frames have a matted finish that won’t show fingerprints.