Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
From downtown LA and posh Beverly Hills to Santa Monica beaches and historic Hollywood, there’s something to do in Los Angeles for just about every kind of vacation. And there is an equally wide range of the best family hotels in Los Angeles. After a day of sightseeing, you’ll enjoy swimming pools, room service and other amenities at these family-friendly hotels in California.
Los Angeles is an exciting city to visit on a family vacation. Santa Monica beaches, theme parks, great food and star tours are all within easy reach of numerous family-friendly hotels.
At the best family hotels in Los Angeles, you’ll find swimming pools (including rooftop pools), room service and family suites. Before check-in, be sure to ask for cribs, bunk beds, babysitting services and anything else you may need.
1. Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel
9500 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, California 90212
Located near the Rodeo Drive area, the Beverly Wilshire is an upscale hotel that aims to please the whole family with an assortment of guest rooms and family suites. Plus, there’s no additional fee for children 18 years of age and younger occupying the same guest room as their parents or guardians.
Since 1928, this iconic hotel has attracted celebrities and prominent politicians. The Beverly Wilshire is a good choice for people seeking the star treatment. Expect upscale onsite shopping, personal shoppers, fine dining and spa facilities. At the swimming pool, attendants are on hand to offer a cooling Evian spritz, chilled water or a shot-glass smoothie. Daybeds and cabanas offer a luxurious poolside experience.
Here’s why the Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel works for families:
- Spacious guest rooms and family suites
- Outdoor pool with daybeds, cabanas and a poolside cafe
- Kids 18 and younger stay free
2. L’Ermitage Beverly Hills
9291 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, California 90210
Frequent traveler Kim Orlando visits Los Angeles often and fell in love with the L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. “You can walk to Rodeo Drive. But why would you? The 5-star hotel provides free local car service, so your Manolo Blahniks will never get scuffed,” says Orlando.
The hotel pampers kids and dogs as well. And there are pool toys for use at the rooftop pool, as well as board games, books and hooded towels for young children.
The chic hotel has a great location in a residential neighborhood and close to Rodeo Drive shopping. Spacious bedroom suites, free wifi, a holistic spa and private balconies make this hotel a great getaway. Room service is available 24/7.
Here’s why the L’Ermitage Beverly Hills works for families:
- Pool toys for use at the rooftop pool
- Walking distance to Rodeo Drive
- Free wifi
- Pet friendly
3. The Beverly Hills Hotel
9641 Sunset Blvd.
Beverly Hills, California 90210
Feel like a celebrity as you walk on a whimsical red carpet at the entrance to The Beverly Hills Hotel (aka The Pink Hotel). Situated in the heart of Beverly Hills on 12 acres of tropical gardens, the hotel is about 40 minutes from LAX.
Since it opened in 1912, the iconic luxury hotel has pampered guests with spacious bedroom suites, bungalows, onsite restaurants and poolside cabanas. In addition, the hotel is about an eight-minute walk to famous Rodeo Drive.
Upon check-in, kids get a VVIP Beverly Hills Hotel card that can be redeemed for complimentary juices and sodas. Parents are welcomed with a complimentary bottle of house champagne. In addition, families receive a daily breakfast credit of $150 per family and an adjoining room for children included at up to 50 percent off. Babysitting services are available upon request.
Additional features include underwater music in the swimming pool and bike rentals for ages 18 and older.
Here’s why The Beverly Hills Hotel works for families:
- Daily breakfast credit of $150 per family
- Second connecting/adjoining room for children included at up to 50% off
- Complimentary bottle of house champagne for parents and kids’ amenities for the children
- Kids VVIP Beverly Hills Hotel card that can be redeemed for complimentary sodas and juices throughout the hotel
4. Hotel Casa del Mar
1910 Ocean Way
Santa Monica, California 90405
Situated on Santa Monica Beach, Hotel Casa del Mar offers an assortment of guests rooms, many with ocean views. With the ocean at your feet, the location can’t be beat. There’s also an outdoor swimming pool.
Family amenities include complimentary cribs/infant beds and free use of bicycles. Three restaurants and a full-service spa round out a fun family vacation. Plus, the historic Santa Monica Pier is just steps away.
Here’s why Casa del Mar works for families:
- Located on the beach near Santa Monica Pier
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free use of bicycles
5. Omni Los Angeles Hotel
251 S Olive St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza has a great location in the Bunker Hill neighborhood in downtown Los Angeles. The luxurious urban hotel is steps away from public transportation and historic places like Grand Central Market and Angels Flight Railway. It’s also walking distance to Pershing Square and the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Microsoft Theater.
Onsite restaurants, an outdoor pool, a bar/lounge and a 24-hour fitness center are among the amenities. The Omni Junior Chefs program offers kids a welcome tote that doubles as a lunch bag and organic snacks to enjoy upon check-in.
Here’s why the Omni Los Angeles Hotel works for families:
- Kids get a welcome tote with snacks, activity book and crayons.
- The Omni is walking distance to many historic sites and attractions
- Outdoor pool
6. Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
300 Doheny Drive
Los Angeles, California 90048
For those seeking luxury, the 5-star Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills is the best family hotel in Los Angeles, says frequent traveler Mary Moore. Even kids will feel pampered when they receive a special welcome gift, child-sized robes, children’s menus and complimentary coloring book and crayons. Complimentary cribs and infant beds are available.
Many Tripadvisor reviewers rave about the outstanding service and hospitality. Plus, with an assortment of guest rooms and family suites and a great location, Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills is a good choice for a family vacation. A free area shuttle makes getting around a breeze.
Here’s why the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills works for families:
- Kid-friendly amenities such as kids’ menus, welcome gift and child-sized robes
- Complimentary cribs and infant beds
- Concierge available to book family dinner reservations and babysitting services
- Resort-style swimming pool
- Both guest rooms and suites are available, some offering soaking tubs
- Onsite dining options
7. Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
1700 Ocean Ave.
Santa Monica, California 90401
For many reasons, the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is among the best family hotels in Los Angeles. For one thing, it has a prime location just steps from the Santa Monica Pier. That means more beach time for your family. Plus, the 5-star family-friendly hotel has a heated pool and many amenities for all ages. A spa facility for adults, children’s activities and assorted games for all ages are a few examples. There’s also a free area shuttle to get around.
Here’s why Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel works for families:
- Assorted guest rooms and suites
- Kids under age 18 stay free
- Free cribs and baby bath amenities
- Assorted board games for children of all ages
- Assorted sports balls for use at the beach: basketball, football, soccer ball, volleyball
- Inflatable arm floaties for the pool
- Beach bicycles are available.
- Heated pool, Jacuzzi and fitness center.
8. Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles
1755 N Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, California 90028
The Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles has a great location near the Hollywood Walk of Fame and other attractions. Some rooms have views of the Hollywood Sign. Loews hotels welcome kids with free cookies and goodies. Families will appreciate the rooftop pool with city views.
Hotel perks for young families include complimentary cribs and baby bath amenity kits. Kids under 18 stay free. More family amenities include assorted card and board games for all ages and game consoles: PlayStation 4, Xbox and Wii.
Here’s why Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles works for families:
- Complimentary cribs and baby bath amenity kits
- Assorted card and board games
- Game consoles: PlayStation 4, Xbox, Wii
- Convenient Hollywood location near major attractions
9. Magic Castle Hotel
7025 Franklin Ave.
Hollywood, California 90028-8603
Guests staying at The Magic Castle Hotel gain access to the legendary Magic Castle, a private, members-only club featuring magic shows. Kids are welcome during weekend brunch shows. The hotel is located just one block from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Hollywood/Highland Center. One- and two-bedroom suites have a full kitchen, dining area and a living room with pull-out sofa.
The unique hotel offers complimentary snacks 24 hours a day, a complimentary breakfast and complimentary wifi. There’s also a heated pool and a small shop that sells magic-related items.
Here’s why the Magic Castle Hotel works for families
- Kids can attend a weekend brunch magic show
- Two-bedroom suites accommodate up to six people
- Heated swimming pool
10. Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City — Universal City
555 Universal Hollywood Drive
Universal City, California 91608
Located adjacent to Universal Studios Hollywood, the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City offers a free shuttle to the theme park. Plus, the family-friendly hotel is just a half-mile from Universal CityWalk shopping. Amenities include a fitness center and outdoor pool.
Adjoining rooms and pet-friendly guest rooms and suites make this a comfortable hotel for the whole family. In addition, free cribs and infant beds are available during your stay.
Here’s why Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City works for families:
- Adjacent to Universal Studios Hollywood
- Free shuttle to Universal CityWalk
- Outdoor pool
11. Terranea Resort
100 Terranea Way
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Nestled on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, the oceanfront Terranea Resort is among the best family hotels in Los Angeles for its great location and range of room styles. Choose from guestrooms and suites with a separate living room as well as bungalows, casitas and villas.
The resort features award-winning golf, four swimming pools and free wifi. The Tide Pools Kids Club engages kids ages 4 – 10 with indoor and outdoor activities. Meanwhile, parents can indulge in treatments at The Spa at Terranea, named one of the “World’s Best Spas – Top 5 Hotel Spas in the United States” by Travel + Leisure.
Here’s why the Terranea Resort works for families:
- Tide Pool Kids Club for ages 4 – 10
- Four swimming pools including a 140-foot water slide, splash pad, private cabanas, fire pits and poolside games
- Complimentary activities such as yoga, nature walks and a Lexus Drive Opportunity for guests
- Concierge for booking additional activities, such as archery, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and more