Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
One glimpse at Atlanta‘s soaring skyline and it‘s easy to see why this metropolis is known as the capital of the South. Whether you’re in the buzzing Georgia capital for a business trip, a girls’ getaway, a romantic weekend or an active vacation with the family, you might find you need a little downtime — or maybe a little spa time?
The ATL — as Atlanta is known to locals — is brimming with hotels and resorts with luxury spas and a vast range of spa treatments and wellness facilities. And even if you’ve only got time for a manicure and pedicure or a quick hot stone massage, plenty of these spas offer express treatments to give you the pampering you deserve!
If you want to make a day of it, some of Atlanta’s best spas pile on the perks. As a hotel guest, and in some places, as a day spa guest, you can use the facility’s fitness center, take yoga or other fitness classes — a challenging barre workout, maybe? — and enjoy saunas and steam rooms, indoor and outdoor pools and whirlpools and relaxation areas.
Sound tempting? Then read on for our guide to the best spas in Atlanta!
265 Peachtree Center Ave.
With its atrium soaring more than 40 stories, the Atlanta Marriott Marquis makes a big first impression.
But the hustle and bustle of this busy conference and leisure hotel dissipate when you cross the threshold of The Spa. There, a hushed, Zenlike atmosphere awaits as you relax ahead of your treatment. The spa menu includes specialty massages such as prenatal and couples massages, body wraps, facials and nail services.
SheBuysTravel Tip: Looking to make the most of your travel budget while maximizing the fun? With a wide range of deals on local activities, dining, and experiences, Groupon helps you stretch your budget by offering discounted options near you.
We especially like the looks of the half-day spa packages, Those include a facial, a massage and a manicure and pedicure spread over several blissful hours. We’d opt for the Ginger Peach Jubilee, please!
Highlights of The Spa at Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- Super-central location near Peachtree Center
- Attractively priced half-day spa packages
- Access to indoor and outdoor pools, a whirlpool and a steam room
- Kids’ manicures and pedicures available
- Many treatments are priced at 50- minute and 80-minute sessions, and there are even some 25-minute express treatments.
88 West Paces Ferry Road (Buckhead)
A welcome glass of champagne sets the mood for what promises to be an ultra-luxurious hour — or maybe more? — at The St. Regis Atlanta Spa. An air of sophisticated tranquility pervades here, as the spa is an extension of the 5-star services offered by the high-end hotel.
Expect to feel pampered at every turn, as your cares dissipate during a deep tissue massage, a body scrub or a brightening facial.
Most treatments last either 50 or 80 minutes, with the majority being on the long side. Our favorite is the Golden Touch facial that features Hungarian mud for exfoliation, followed by a gold hyaluronic acid mask, leaving you with plumped, glowing skin — because you’re worth it!
Highlights of The St. Regis Atlanta Spa
- Separate men’s and women’s relaxation lounges
- Seasonal treatments, including pumpkin facials in the fall
- Finnish (dry) sauna
- Couples treatment rooms with whirlpool baths
- A post-spa treatment cocktail bar
45 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd. NW
Are you and your boo in need of some serious couples’ time? Then take a weekend or midweek break at the W Atlanta Downtown and its Spa @ W. It’s a modern retreat that’s right at home in this sexy high-rise hotel.
In addition to deep tissue, full-body massages, salt scrubs and other body treatments, there are plenty of unique ways to get beautified — such as lymph drainage massages, slimming body wraps, face and bikini waxing, lash extensions and a hair salon.
Highlights of Spa @ W Downtown
- Use the W’s infinity edge outdoor pool with expansive city views, the hotel fitness center and relaxation rooms before or after your treatments
- On summer weekends, spa guests also are welcome to use the hotel’s WET Deck pool area, which becomes quite the party spot
- Extensive spa store so you can recreate the spa experience at home
- Comprehensive menu of beauty treatments for hair, nails and lashes
- Signature treatments include a Salt Detox massage with Himalayan salt rocks, plus aromatherapy and microdermabrasion facials.
3434 Peachtree Road NE
Formerly the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, this luxury property has been rebranded as The Whitley. But rest assured the luxe quotient is still there. This stylish Buckhead hotel continues to be a top Atlanta destination for weddings, couples weekends and posh girlfriend getaways.
The Spa at The Whitley is one of the hotel’s central offerings — so much so that an entire floor of the building is dedicated to spa and wellness facilities! Even better, the spa offers package treatments that can last for up to 6 hours — can you imagine 6 hours of nonstop spa services? We can!
Highlights of The Spa at The Whitley:
- Exfoliating treatments are a specialty here: The Luxe Body treatment includes skin brushing and polishing, a body wrap with aromatherapy and then a hot stone massage with hydrating peach oil
- Service sold ala carte or in packages that can last up to 6 hours
- Bridal packages, including for bride, groom and wedding party
- Spa parties, which include champagne mimosas and access to the pool and fitness center
- Treatments using regional specialties such as peach, apricot and sweet teas
75 14th Street NE
Occupying the lower third of the 50-story GLG Grand building, the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta has been a landmark on the city skyline since it opened in 1997. The nearly 8,000 square-foot spa was added in 2007, cementing the Four Seasons’ status as one of Atlanta’s top luxury hotels.
And despite the busy Midtown Atlanta location, The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta is a serene retreat, with dimmed lighting, restful colors and 10 soundproofed treatment rooms.
Highlights of The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta:
- The treatment menu plays heavily on local ingredients, including Mama Lavender Rosemary massage products and citrus-alfalfa body scrubs
- High-tech treatments using cryotherapy, LED therapy and microcurrents
- Use the hotel’s large salt water pool and whirlpool and fitness center before and after your treatments
- Aroma design bar, where you can create your own custom-blended aromatherapy to take home
- Teen facials
- Eucalyptus steam room, and eucalyptus mist shower, plus a dry cedar sauna
1065 Peachtree Street NE
The Loews Atlanta Hotel has long been a popular choice for families traveling with young children. Its Midtown location, right near kid-friendly Piedmont Park, plus rooms that don’t cost a small fortune make it one of our top picks for family-friendly Atlanta hotels.
And there’s another big reason to love Loews — the 25,000-square-foot (!!!) Exhale Spa, set on the 7th floor of the hotel. It’s one of Atlanta’s best day spas, so even if you’re not a hotel guest, the doors are wide open!
Highlights of Exhale Spa at Loews Atlanta Hotel:
- Easily book your treatment and even your esthetician using an online form
- Daily classes in barre, yoga flow, HIIT and other workouts
- Dozens of available spa treatments, including massages, facials and waxing
- Photos and bios allow you to get to know your esthetician before you book
- Treatments in as little as 30 minutes, if you’re rushed for time
- Acupuncture treatments available
3376 Peachtree Road NE
Another Buckhead landmark, the plush Waldorf Astoria Atlanta occupies part of a 42-story building — the non-hotel floors are private residences. The 15,000-square-foot Waldorf Astoria Spa is among the largest in Atlanta and is a popular day spa choice for locals.
There are 13 treatment rooms, plus several whirlpool baths where specialized treatments are offered.
Highlights of the Waldorf Astoria Spa:
- Couples’ CBD bath treatment combines a CBD bath bomb, Epsom salts and scented water as you dry brush each other, sip champagne and chill out
- Illuminating Diamond Bath involves a diamond face mask from Knesko skincare, a sparkling bath bomb, plus fruit and champagne
- Feet-focused reflexology massages and treatments
- Couples treatment suite with a private whirlpool bath and aromatherapy massages
- Hotel guests can access an indoor pool, fitness center, and fitness classes