Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Sultry, sexy Miami Beach offers lots of fun ways to run down your batteries! Recharge them at one of the best spas in Miami.
Miami offers the kind of vacation you want, whatever that may be. A family vacation spent visiting museums, zoos and cultural attractions? A girlfriend getaway filled with late-night clubbing and long days recovering on the beach? Or a romantic couple’s weekend with Michelin-starred dinners and sunset strolls?
Miami and Miami Beach offer all those diversions and more — with a big bonus — some really terrific hotel spas where you can indulge in pampering, hours-long spa rituals, anti-aging facials and rejuvenating massages and body scrubs.
Here are our picks for the best spas in Miami.
Valmont for The Spa at The Setai, Miami Beach
2001 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Switzerland meets Asia at the sexy Setai Miami Beach, which consistently ranks among the Magic City’s top luxury hotels. High-tech skincare and anti-aging spa treatments are a Valmont specialty, so the spa menu naturally leans heavy on these rituals — especially welcomed if you’ve gotten a little too much South Beach sun.
Like the rest of the Setai hotel, the spa is a sleek retreat with a Zenlike vibe and an ambiance that really imparts a feeling of being someplace special. We love that the spa is open to non-hotel guests, who can book time at the hotel’s private beach club as a complement to their day spa visit.
Highlights of Valmont for The Spa at The Setai:
- Light-filled treatment rooms with ocean or city views
- Intriguing “Peaks of Slimness” full-body remodeling treatment — sign us up!
- Optional add-ons include eye, face and neck collagen treatments, as well as oxygen ampules
- Setai-exclusive “Master of Time Treatment” is a 2-hour bliss-bomb aimed at rolling back the hands of time
- Come prepared to drop a bundle — treatments are special, but they’re not cheap
Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33140
When Martha Stewart calls it “the most beautiful spa in America,” well, that’s a lot to live up to. Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach lives up to the hype, with an ambiance that transports spa guests to a serene, watery world of pampering. The Lapis Ritual Water Journey is included with all spa services here, so plan to arrive early to enjoy a series of hot and tepid pools, whirlpool baths, cascading showers and eucalyptus steam baths. A Moroccan-style hammam steam room is also available.
Fans of mid-century architecture and Hollywood trivia will revel in a stay at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, easily one of the most iconic hotels in Florida. The Rat Pack held court here, and the hotel has been featured in a host of films and TV series, including “The Bodyguard,” “The Sopranos” and “Goldfinger.”
Highlights of Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Ayurvedic treatments include the Abhyanga Shirodhara Ritual, a full body massage, scalp treatment and foot massage with warm scented oil
- Body scrub ingredients include sea salt, Dead Sea mud and ocean-sourced minerals
- A salon offers hair, nail and waxing services
- Parents-to-be can bond with the BBay Bleau for Two Massage
- Day spa packages include the Lapis Water Journey plus use of the gym and hotel pools
Acqualina Spa at Acqualina Resort
17875 Collins Ave.
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Whoa. There’s a lot going on at Acqualina Spa at Acqualina Resort, and it all sounds dreamy. Set several miles north of the hubbub of Miami Beach, this oceanfront resort pours on the luxury perks, and the 20,000 square foot spa is a big part of the guest experience. Like many European spas, Acqualina Spa features a thermal area with a Finnish sauna and Himalayan salt feature, a steam room with chromotherapy, showers with cold and warm mists and an ice fountain.
Skincare aficionados should take note: Acqualina Spa at Acqualina Resort uses ESPA natural luxury skincare products, which promise immediate visible results. Moms and daughters can book a 90-minute Young Fan experience in a private spa suite. Ayurvedic treatments, cryotherapy anti-aging therapies and HydraFacials are all on the menu here.
Highlights of Acqualina Spa at Acqualina Resort
- 11 treatment rooms, plus a private Royal Spa Suite
- Separate male and female relaxation areas with lots of pampering perks
- Private oceanfront spa swimming pool, whirlpool and sun deck
- 2-hour manicure/pedicure sessions take place on a warm massage bed, and include exfoliation and paraffin wrap
The Standard Spa, The Standard Miami Beach
40 Island Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
The Millennial and Gen Z vibe is strong at The Standard Miami Beach, which, incidentally, isn’t on Miami Beach! Instead, it’s tucked away on tiny Belle Isle, right off the Venetian Causeway that leads to the beach. The location gives The Standard a chic, away-from-it-all exclusivity, and that extends to The Standard Spa.
The spa complex features a hydrotherapy area, including a Turkish-style hammam, an aromatherapy steam room, a sauna and cold and hot water plunge pools, plus an outdoor mud bath terrace with ocean views. Fitness and wellness are on tap here too, with yoga and sweat-inducing classes taught by celebrity instructors.
Highlights of The Standard Spa at The Standard Miami Beach:
- Hydrotherapy areas are free for hotel guests, included with daily resort fee
- Leave the kids at home — The Standard is an adults-only hotel
- Massage menu includes deep tissue massage, Thai massage and sound massage using crystal bowls
- Consider a 90- to 120-minute treatment, which aren’t that much more expensive than 60-minute sessions
- Acupuncture, nail care and skincare treatments round out the spa treatment menu
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
6801 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33141
Spa treatments aren’t merely an amenity or afterthought at the Carillon Miami Wellness Resort — the entire property is devoted to guests’ health, well-being and relaxation. The sprawling Atlantic Ocean-facing retreat on North Miami Beach offers luxury apartments that invite you to stay a while, restaurants and bars that invite you to be diligent or decadent with your diet and a range of experiences that allow you to discover the wider Miami area.
But central to all this is a spa and wellness complex that’s mind-boggling in its varied and comprehensive offerings. Facilities include a hydrotherapy circuit, high-tech aesthetic medicine options, treatments drawing on European, Ayurvedic and Chinese traditions, medically-guided weight loss and wellness programs, and yoga, fitness classes and just about anything else health-related that you can imagine.
Highlights of Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
- European-style hydrotherapy circuit that includes saunas, steam rooms, whirlpool tubs and soothing relaxation rooms
- Touchless spa treatments, first developed during the pandemic, include light, heat and sound therapies
- Signature treatments include the Ginger-Coconut Argan Sugar Glow on a specialized spa bed
- Hair and nail salon run by celebrity stylist Leonardo Rocco
- Kids programming and fitness classes mean you can relax and enjoy your spa break!
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami
500 Brickell Key Dr.
Miami, FL 33131
One of the few luxury Miami spa hotels not located on Miami Beach, the Mandarin Oriental sits on Brickell Key, an artificial island that’s home to luxury hotels, residences and high-end dining and shopping. The Mandarin Oriental is right at home here, with its posh rooms and suites offering floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies with Biscayne Bay or city views.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental follows the brand’s Eastern traditions and sleek style, with 11 treatment rooms and six indulgent spa suites, which feature sitting areas, ocean views and the chance to linger before and after your spa treatment.
Highlights of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental
- Pre-treatment access to a steam room and sauna
- Biologique Recherche Detox treatments fight water retention and inflammation
- An Ayurvedic ritual includes a body scrub and facial, plus a body and scalp massage
- Spa treatments for frequent travelers include red-eye recovery and 5-hour customized spa days
- Splurge on a spa suite buy-out and book all six suites for your exclusive use — the ultimate girlfriends’ getaway!
The Spa at The Miami Beach Edition
2901 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33140
There’s a very adult vibe at this design hotel on the northern edge of South Beach. Rooms, suites and exclusive bungalows all emphasize understated chicness and privacy, while several onsite dining and drinking options ensure the party is never too far away.
Many guests report that The Spa at The Miami Beach Edition was a highlight of their stay, and mention, in particular, the tranquil relaxation room and the staff’s commitment to developing customized treatment programs for each guest.
Highlights of The Spa at The Miami Beach Edition
- The 24K GOLD Experience features anti-inflammatory gold-infused products
- Hot stone or hot sticks? Choose or combine in an exclusive massage
- Spa menu features several treatments with CBD products
- A hands-free percussion therapy uses bamboo sticks to relieve muscle soreness
- Men’s treatments include a customized clarifying cleanse for shoulders and upper back
Tierra Santa Healing House at Faena Hotel
3201 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33140
The sexy Faena Hotel feels a little over-the-top, in a good way! The modern Art Deco 5-star on Collins Avenue is awash with vibrant color, personality and a see-and-be-seen vibe that’s right in stride with Miami Beach. A cabaret show, buzzing bars and restaurants and DJ nights round out the party vibe here.
In contrast to that is the temple-like ambiance of Tierra Santa Healing House, the hotel’s 22,000-square foot wellness oasis. Treatments rely on holistic wellness and shamanistic practices borrowed from South American traditions, with an emphasis on meditation, inner wellbeing and long-term physical and spiritual improvement.
Highlights of Tierra Santa Healing House at Faena Hotel
- All treatments include access to The Wet Spa, with scrubs, showers, saunas and steam rooms
- The spa’s hammam is one of the largest on the East Coast
- Tree of Life treatment includes essential oils, hot stone massage and sound therapy treatment with Nepalese singing bowls
- Couples treatment room features a balcony and soaking tub for two
- Day spa guests get limited access to the private Faena Beach area
The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club
9011 Collins Ave.
Surfside, FL 33154
Far from the hubbub of South Beach, this sprawling oceanfront resort asserts the understated elegance of the Four Seasons brand, with airy, tranquil rooms, suites, bungalows and apartments and posh amenities, including a champagne bar, a Michelin-starred restaurant and a private beach club where Winston Churchill was once a guest.
The luxury continues in The Spa, where bright treatment rooms and individual relaxation areas feature warm light and ocean views. A range of facials feature exclusive Biologique Recherche products, while indulgent body treatments and massages feature locally sourced ingredients.
Highlights of The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club
- 30-minute express treatments mean you can grab some spa time on the go
- The Floridian Body Scrub uses organic sugar cane, honey and sweet orange oils
- A detox scrub by Swiss brand Dr Burgener uses salt extracted from glaciers in the Swiss Alps
- The Sound Bath Ceremony employs the healing properties of sound and vibration
- The Four Seasons Kids Club ensures that little ones are entertained while Mom and Dad get their spa day
Leaf Spa at Hotel AKA Brickell
1395 Brickell Ave.
Miami, FL 33131
Overlooking Biscayne Bay, AKA Brickell is a sleek high-rise hotel with minimalist rooms and views for miles. A rooftop pool, jacuzzi and pool bar elevate the experience here, as does Leaf Spa by K’ALMA, where nature-based therapies are offered in eight treatment rooms.
Spa treatments at Leaf are themed around the four seasons and the chakras, or energy points in the body. While the AKA Brickell is a buzzing hotel in an even buzzier neighborhood, the experience inside the spa focuses on restoring mind, body and spirit. Day spa guests are welcome.
Highlights of Leaf Spa at Hotel AKA Brickell
- The Alchemist Bar, where guests blend their own oils and body scrubs from an assortment of healing herbs, plants and more.
- A hydrotherapy area features a flotation pool, a sauna, a steam room and a relaxation area
- Every treatment starts with a cleansing foot soak
- Select treatments can be offered in-room
- Indulgent 4-hour packages combine facials, body scrubs and massages