Branson, Missouri, is a family vacation mecca. It offers a huge number of live shows; has great hiking and fishing, and has Silver Dollar City, a 1880s family-friendly theme park. Whether you fly here through Springfield, Missouri, or take a road trip here, you will pass through the Ozark Mountains and by billboards announcing all the opportunities for family fun and outdoor adventure.
415 State Highway 265
Branson, MO 65616
This lakeside resort, Branson’s only AAA Four Diamond Resort, has won accolades from U.S. News & World Report and TripAdvisor. The splurge-worthy place is one of the top resorts in Branson MO. It has a wealth of amenities, from a first rate spa, to an indoor and outdoor pool, a movie theater, tennis courts, nature trails, and a kids club. And it is dog-friendly.
What really sets it apart is the full-service marina on Table Rock Lake. You take a free shuttle ride down there (the only development actually allowed on the lake is the landing for the showboat Branson Belle), for kayak, canoe or paddleboard rentals. Or you can take out a waverunner, or a ski boat and water skis. There are also Scuba diving courses and excursions or fishing with a professional guide.
Chateau on the Lake Resort Spa & Convention Center also has several places to eat, from fine dining to casual spot.
Why Chateau on the Lake Resort Spa & Convention Center is a Great Choice
- Many rooms and suites offer views of either Table Rock Lake or the Ambassador Mountains, plus private balconies with sliding glass doors.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Family-friendly amenities such as a movie theater, tennis courts and nature trails.
- Shuttle to the marina for a full array for water-based activities.
- Kids club so parents can have some alone time.
1945 W. 76 Country Boulevard
Branson, MO 65616
This was the hands-down favorite of SheBuysTravel contributor Amanda Topinka’s husband and toddler. Located right on the famous Hwy 76 main strip in the middle of all that Branson entertainment, the Grand Country Inn offers a total vacation experience.
It even has it own entertainment, with live shows at Grand Country Music Hall. Then there’s a 36-hole indoor putt-putt golf course, a family amusement center with arcade games, bumper cars and black light mini-golf, plus Splash Country, the 20,000-square-foot water park.
Why Grand Country Resort is a Great Choice
- The Splash Country waterpark features a new wave pool, two racing raft rides, a thrilling dark raft ride, and a basketball activity pool. All the old favorites are still there, too: a three-story indoor treehouse, water slides, a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket, toddler pool, lazy river and hot tubs.
- Get fresh air in summer with an interactive outdoor playground.
- Room options include clubhouse rooms that give the kids bunk beds and their own flat-screen TV.
- On-site attractions include a 525-foot winding indoor go-kart track, three mini-golf courses, arcade games and laser tag. Don’t miss the new attractions: spinning bumper cars; Hologate, a virtual reality adventure; and the XD Dark Ride.
- Rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers so you can save on breakfast and snacks.
- Live shows include country, gospel, rock and pop music, and comedy shows.
- Family-friendly on-site dining options include a pizzeria, buffet, a new snack spot with hot dogs and frozen custard, and a grill in the waterpark.
2201 Roark Valley Road
Branson, MO 65616
The Westgate Branson Woods Resort takes its name to heart. The luxury resort, just a few minutes from ‘the strip’ is a bucolic and yes, gated, resort.
The resort has its own hiking trails and mini golf course, along with a playground, basketball and volleyball courts, indoor and outdoor pools, a fitness center and two restaurants.
SheBuysTravel Tip: Join the free World of Westgate Loyalty Program before you book to get the best rates and access to discounts during your stay. There are Westgate Resorts in Florida, Tennessee and South Carolina so get those points!
Why Westgate Branson Woods Resort Works for Families
- Guest room options include studio villas and one- and two-bedroom villas.
- Playground for little ones
- Daily activities on-site, including tie-dyeing and other crafts, tiavia, movie nights and Bingo
- Heated indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pools
- Easy access to all of the Branson attractions, including Silver Dollar City and the live shows in Branson.
1984 State Hwy 165
Branson, MO 65616
This Welk Resorts property activity-laden family resort in Branson MO has lots to do: a huge indoor/outdoor water park, live theater, mini golf and daily family activities. A “chief fun officer” curates new activities and experiences, some paid, some free. Check the activities schedule here.
Note that the Splash-a-Torium, the water park, is closed for refurbishment until August 1, 2023. The restaurant is also closed, with no definite reopening set.
When SheBuysTravel writer Amanda Topinka visited, she said: “We adore our rural living lifestyle and tend to stress a bit when we are in metro areas for long durations. Branson, though small in size, is like a mini-Las Vegas for activity (though much more wholesome) and can be fast-paced. By staying off ‘the strip’ you can get away from that buzz and relax. That said, there is no shortage of fun right inside the confines of the resort property lines.”
Why The Lodges at Timber Ridge Works for Families
- The 10,000-square-foot Splash-a-Torium water park is open year-round, with a 117-foot slide, splash zone, indoor and outdoor pools (outdoor pool open seasonally) and hot tubs, with plenty of deck chairs for lounging
- The 1- to 3-bedroom suites have full kitchens, fireplaces and private patios
- The 2,300-seat Welk Resort Theatre showcases nationally known entertainers
- Mini-golf on site
- Escape room for those with older children and teens
- Game room with pool table, foosball, video games, board games and movies.
- Free wifi
3001 Green Mountain Drive
Branson, MO 65616
The recently renamed Branson Waterpark Hotel is home to a 30,000-square-foot indoor waterpark. The waterpark is under renovation and should be open later this summer.
The hotel tower has large rooms for families, You can access the indoor waterpark from inside the resort, perfect for cold or rainy days. Each room, featuring a Bunk Bed Cove, sleeps up to 6 people, and there are rooms that can accommodate 8 people.
Why Branson Waterpark Hotel Works for Families
- 30,000-square-foot waterpark includes several kiddie pools with multiple pint-sized slides and waterfalls perfect for water-loving little ones
- Free breakfast
- Season outdoor pool
- Book directly through the hotel and waterpark access is free
- It works for larger families — standard occupancy is for 6 people (some allow 8 people) thanks to the bunk beds in the “Bunk Bed Cove.”
- Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in every room
- Free wi-fi
471 Cooper Creek Road
Branson, MO 65616
The lakefront Cooper Creek Resort on the shores of Lake Taneycomo is quiet, peaceful and economical. It has 22 one-, two- and three-bedroom cabins and 75 full hook-up RV sites.
The air conditioned and heated cabins have cable TV, a deck with a charcoal BBQ grill and a full kitchen stocked with dishes, silverware and pots and pans. Cooper Creek also supplies towels and linens – saving extra space in the trunk.
When Amanda Topinka and her family visited, her boys loved going down to the dock to watch the ducks and fish. Then they headed to the nearby playground where they could run wild and get their wiggles out.
Even better, when her toddler left his bee-bee (blankie) at the resort, resulting in a nightmare of a first night back home, the thoughtful staff at Cooper Creek saved the day. They sent the blankie priority so her little sweetie could sleep peacefully the next night!
Why Cooper Creek Resort and Campground Works for Families
- Boat rentals and boat slips are available
- Playground and dog park to keep everyone active
- Lake Taneycomo is stocked annually with 750,000 10-inch and 12-inch rainbow and brown trout and fishing access is available all day at the resort
- Two outdoor swimming pools
- Inexpensive choice, leaving you room for more entertainment in your budget.
Other Hotels and Resorts in Branson MO
On my trip to Branson, I stayed at the Branson Hilton Convention Center which has connecting rooms, both indoor and outdoor pools and refrigerators in all rooms. The downtown location, next to the scenic railway, Branson Landing and downtown shopping and dining, is ideal for those who want to park the car and walk.
There is also a free trolley that takes you around downtown. The Hilton Branson is also pet friendly.
SheBuysTravel Tip: The