Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Ready to check out the Poconos? Pennsylvania’s picturesque mountain vacation destination is easily accessible from all points in the NY metro area. You’ll find four seasons of fun, including family-friendly ski resorts, amazing indoor waterparks, charming lakefront villages and scenic hiking. You’ll need a place to stay, whether you’re planning a weeklong vacay or weekend getaway, so we’ve rounded up the top resorts in the Pocono mountains to help you decide.
Looking for a fun outdoor adventure? Try Delaware River tubing!
1. Woodloch Resort
731 Welcome Lake Rd
Hawley, Pennsylvania 18428
Voted the #1 family resort by USA Today Readers Choice 10 Best in 2021 and consistently listed among TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Awards for Top Resorts for Families in the US, Woodloch Resort (also known as Woodloch Pines Resort) is a dream for families traveling to the Poconos.
With amenities such as Go-Karts, bumper cars, bumper boats, splash grounds, kiddie pools, climbing walls, ice-skating and snow tubing (just to name a few), the Woodloch Resort is quite literally a paradise for children and adults alike.
Why Woodloch Resort is Great for Families
- More than 30 fun family-friendly activities, games and events daily
- Spacious accommodations fitting up to 12 family members
- All-inclusive dining plans to make meal planning easy
- Kids club room for ages 10 and under with family inclusive organized activities
- Arts and crafts room
- Family boats
- Forest-themed indoor playground
- Resort-wide scavenger hunt for family team-building
- Nightly entertainment for all ages
- Packages with kids free days
2. Skytop Lodge
1 Skytop Drive
Skytop, Pennsylvania 18357
A self-proclaimed 5,500 acre playground, Skytop Lodge is an excellent choice for families looking for a relaxing, yet adventurous nature escape. Opened in 1928, this family resort in the Poconos has kept its classic, traditional charm and aims to treat every visitor like family.
With a number of outdoor activities and courses for all four seasons, families will find plenty of opportunities to connect with nature and with each other at Skytop Lodge. For instance, competitive families can play an exhilarating game of paintball. And if your child loves making s’mores, they’ll absolutely love the nightly campfires and marshmallow roasting!
Why Skytop Lodge is Great for Families
- On site playground and lawn games
- Treetop adventure course
- Estate hayrides
- Nightly campfires and marshmallow roasting
- Paintball, for competitive families
- Cribs and pack and plays available by request
- Spacious cottages with multiple guest rooms
- Rooms with fireplaces and hot tubs
3. Great Wolf Lodge Poconos
1 Great Wolf Drive
Scotrun, Pennsylvania 18355
In addition to its famous indoor waterpark, Great Wolf Lodge Poconos comes packed with activities for adults and children to do once it’s time to dry off. Between indoor and outdoor action-packed amenities such as arts and crafts, arcade rooms, miniature bowling, ropes courses and mirror mazes, your children won’t know which direction to head in first.
Beyond the activities, food allergy families will appreciate Great Wolf’s dedication to a peanut-free, allergy-safe kitchen.
Why Great Wolf Lodge Works for Families:
- 84-degree Indoor waterpark
- More than 50 family-friendly activities and attractions
- Free kids events
- “Late night” family dance party
- Day passes available with full access to the waterpark
- Kid-friendly themed suites with bunk beds and twin beds
- Premium suites for larger families of up to 8
- Customized birthday party options
- Several family dining options, for the picky eaters
- Peanut-free kitchen with special attention to allergies and dietary restrictions
4. Split Rock Resort
428 Moseywood Road
Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania 18624
Open all four seasons, this family resort in the Poconos features a number of indoor and outdoor amenities and entertainment for all ages. Split Rock is a win-win for everyone.
Spend your days going down the slides at the indoor waterpark or putting your gaming skills to the test at the arcade. There’s also a miniature golf course, cosmic bowling alley, movie theater, basketball, racquetball, tennis, kayaking and canoeing. Girl and Boy Scouts in the family can earn an experience patch during their visit. Need a little “me” time? Head to the on-site spa and salon or grab an adult beverage at one of the bars or lounges.
Why Split Rock Resort in Great for Families
- Indoor Waterpark
- Birthday party packages
- Beach access to Lake Harmony
- Various dining options
- Customized “moments” to build the perfect collection of family team-building activities
- Numerous indoor and outdoor activities and attractions
- Spacious family-friendly suites with kitchen, living room and dining rooms
- Golf, on-site spa and salon, and bar areas available for the adults
5. Camelback Resort Lodge
193 Resort Drive
Tannersville, Pennsylvania 18372
Home to the largest indoor waterpark in the northeast US, Aquatopia, as well as the #1 ski resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort Lodge is a dreamland for families!
There is literally something for everyone at this Poconos family resort. For example, the thrill-seekers in the family will absolutely LOVE the roller coasters, zip-lines, bungee and axe-throwing available on the resort. Video gamers will have a blast with the mega arcade and virtual reality experiences. Looking for a little family competition? Jump into an escape room or a friendly game of laser tag.
With no shortage of indoor or outdoor activities, Camelback Lodge will surely make your Poconos vacation an unforgettable one for the whole family. It’s no wonder it received one of the 2021 Condé Nast Readers Choice Awards!
Why Camelback Resort Lodge is Great for Families
- 170,000 feet of indoor activities
- Indoor and outdoor waterpark with 13 water slides, including kiddie slides
- Interactive water play area for toddlers
- Multiple dining options
- Spacious suites, lofts, and condos with full kitchens for up to 12 guests
- Adventure center
- Ski equipment rentals
- Ski and snowboard lessons (group and private) for adults and children age 4 and up
- Family and friends beginner ski lessons for families who want to learn together
6. Kalahari Resort
250 Kalahari Boulevard
Pocono Manor, PA 18349
This African-themed family resort features one of America’s largest indoor waterparks, kids play areas and activities for children of all ages.
Have fun splashing around in the wave pool and simulator at Kalahari or head to the onsite arcade room and virtual reality game area. There’s even a virtual reality waterslide! Additionally, this family resort packs exhilarating outdoor experiences such as zip-lines, ropes courses and mini golf. Additionally, there are indoor activities such as game rooms, motion theaters, mini-bowling and an escape room.
Need some adult time? Grown ups can find relaxation at Kalahari’s world-class spa or by booking a relaxing Halotherapy experience.
Why Kalahari is Great for Families
- Fully equipped suites with up to 5 bedrooms
- Indoor and outdoor experiences and team-building activities for all ages
- Numerous family-friendly dining options to fit all tastes and cravings
- Private cabana and bungalow rentals
- Relaxing lazy river
- Kids’ play areas
7. Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
100 Shawnee Inn Drive
Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania 18356
Built in 1911, this classic family resort in the Poconos features unique accommodations for a relaxing yet adventurous nature getaway in the Poconos. For instance, families can get together for a nature hike or walk along the river, or sit back and relax on a hayride. Other amenities and activities include an indoor pool, arcade, game room, playground, axe-throwing and archery.
Why Shawnee Inn is Great for Families
- Accommodations can fit large families of up to 24
- Monitored learning environment for families who want to take their virtual learning on the road
- Several kid-friendly amenities and favorites including playgrounds, pools, arcade and game room
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Four unique on-site restaurants to please a number of palates.
8. Woodlands Inn
Wilkes-Barre Township, Pennsylvania 18702
Woodlands is especially known for its “Woodlands Experience,” including top notch events, dining and nightlife. If you’re traveling with older children, this fun hotel is the perfect place to let loose and enjoy on-site entertainment, parties, dancing and dining while in the Poconos.
According to a second-generation family owner, Woodlands has been visited by rock legend Aerosmith as well as sitcom star Jerry Seinfeld, President George W. Bush and Mickey Mantle.
Why Woodlands Inn is Great for Families
- Dog friendly
- Spacious suites available with kitchenettes
- Top-notch entertainment and restaurants
- “Woodlands Experience” for older guests
9. Silver Birches
Hawley, Pennsylvania 18428
Nestled right on Lake Wallenpaupack, this beautiful waterfront resort has lots of outdoor activities to keep the family active during a Poconos getaway.
Love a lake swim? Dive right off the dock or perfect your cannonball. Other fun outdoor family-friendly amenities will ensure you and your family get your dose of sunshine before spending the evening stargazing. For example, there’s a seasonal pool, shuffleboard, lawn games, fire pits and free water sports.
Why Silver Birches is Great for Families
- Waterfront with lake access
- Fully equipped cottages and houses available for large families
- Rooms with microwaves and mini-fridges
- Free water sports for water lovers in the family
- Lots of family-friendly outdoor activities
- Private dining areas for up to 30 guests
10. Mountain Springs Lake Resort
1246 Mountain Springs Drive
Reeders, Pennsylvania 18352
This resort is located close to the action without being IN the middle of it. This relaxing, recreational resort sits on a 76-acre lake with tons of fresh air and wide open spaces. While outside of the busiest areas of the popular Poconos Mountains, it is still close enough to enjoy all of its attractions.
Additionally, active outdoorsy families can enjoy activities such as hiking, canoeing, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, mountain biking and climbing to the top of Bushkill Falls.
Why Mountain Springs Lake Resort is Great for Families
- Vacation rentals available for larger families
- Lots of outdoor activities to keep every family member active
- Cabins with fully equipped kitchens
- Multiple play areas and rainy day games
- Lakefront resort away from the busy areas of the Poconos
- Close proximity to Poconos attractions
11. Woodfield Manor
472 Red Rock Road
Cresco, Pennsylvania 18326
Although one of the oldest Poconos accommodations, this 12-acre all-suite inn has transformed itself into a peaceful mountain retreat in the woods.
Woodfield Manor is an excellent choice for families wanting a getaway in natural wood surroundings. In addition to amenities such as a pristine swimming pool and tennis court, the Woodfield Manor is also home to the Frogtown Chophouse, ranked #2 on Tripadvisor for top restaurants in the area.
Why Woodfield Manor is Great for Families
- Large suites, apartments and cottages with kitchenettes
- Sleeper sofas in living room
- Separate children’s swimming pool
- Flat screen TVs and wifi
Looking for more tips for your family vacation to the Poconos Mountains? Check out these other SheBuysTravel experiences:
- Tips for Visiting Camelback Lodge and Indoor Water Park with Special Needs Kids
- Hotel Review: The Inn at Pocono Manor — Pocono Manor, PA