The writer was hosted.
Sandos Cancun All Inclusive has all the elements of a happy and hassle-free Caribbean getaway. White sand beach, emerald waves, music, massages, cocktails and cuisine — all just 20 minutes from the airport.
Conveniently located in the Cancun Hotel Zone, Sandos Cancun sits between the Caribbean Sea and Nichupté Lagoon, with sweeping views of both. You can walk to nearby nightlife and shopping, but with all-inclusive bars and restaurants at the resort, you may not want to.
Sandos Cancun All Inclusive welcomes guests to the Riviera Maya coastline with infinity pools and stunning ocean views. Enjoy yoga by the pool, head to the spa for a body treatment or eat made-to-order brick oven pizza by the sea.
Highlights of Sandos Cancun include:
- 213 ocean view and lagoon view rooms and suites.
- A welcome bottle of wine and fruit plate in your room.
- Unlimited food and drinks from five restaurants, four bars and 24-hour room service.
- A vegan menu for lunch and dinner, at all restaurants and room service.
- Daily poolside music, like a live violinist and DJ jam.
- Activities such as Zumba and water volleyball by day, and themed events by night.
- White sand beach is steps away from three infinity pools.
- Spa services are extra, but it’s worth it to book a massage at Spa del Mar.
Dining at Sandos Cancun
Dining is easy and delightful at Sandos Cancun. There are five restaurants to choose from and only one requires reservations. Each restaurant has a vegan menu and healthy options.
- St. Trop. Start your day here with a beachfront omelet and green juice or smoothie, if you’re a member of the Royal Elite Vacation Club. Otherwise, make sure to stop at St. Trop for a brick oven pizza lunch and French entrées like chicken cordon bleu for dinner. Chef Gonzalo and his team will knock your socks off with their culinary creations and the ocean view can’t be beat.
- Zango. This is the other breakfast destination, with a daily buffet. For lunch, there’s a buffet and à la carte food options. Return at night for international cuisine theme nights.
- Seasons. Enjoy a steakhouse with empanadas followed by fish, steak, chicken or ribs from the grill. Top it off with a chocolate volcano and vanilla ice cream.
- Gaijin. Make reservations to enjoy a Teppanyaki dinner. You don’t want to miss this interactive Japanese cuisine experience.
- Frattinis. You can’t go wrong with Italian fine dining by the sea. With soup, salad and pasta choices, make sure you save room for dessert.
Sandos Cancun Rooms and Suites
The rooms and suites at Sandos Cancun are spacious, with a variety of ocean and lagoon bay views from large windows and balconies. They sleep three to six guests, or up to eight in the three-bedroom penthouse. All rooms have air conditioning, free wifi and a complimentary mini bar that is restocked daily.
Rooms: Super and Deluxe rooms are 450 square feet and can accommodate up to three people. You’ll have a bathroom with a separate tub and shower, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, coffee maker, TV with cable, safe, iron and ironing board. Both room types have a partial ocean view or lagoon view, but only Deluxe rooms have a balcony.
Three-person suites: Choose from 800 square feet of living space in a Sandos suite, or go a little bit larger with a Laguna suite. Both have a balcony, king bed in the bedroom, marble bathrooms, a separate living and dining space and a kitchenette nook with a microwave, mini-bar and coffee maker. With 24-hour room service, it’s nice to have a kitchen space and dining table.
Six-person suites: The ocean front Caribe (1,160 square feet) and Presidential (2,000 square feet) are two-bedroom suites that can accommodate up to six guests. The Caribe also has a large terrace.
Penthouse suite: This 2,282-square-foot three-bedroom suite sleeps up to eight. It has a small kitchen and a half bath.
Included all-inclusive amenities
- Three interconnecting infinity pools.
- Poolside cabanas, Bali beds, umbrellas and loungers.
- Tennis courts, with balls and rackets provided.
- Concierge service.
- Fitness center.
Extra cost perks
- Spa del Mar has treatment rooms, hydrotherapy, hot tubs, cold plunge pools, a sauna and a steam room.
- Hair salon.
- Babysitting service.
- Laundry service.
Things To Do Near Sandos Cancun
To venture out from the resort, catch a city bus in front of the hotel for 12 pesos, which is less than $1. This will take you to nearby shopping, restaurants, bars and nightclubs like Coco Bongo.
Or you can explore more of the beautiful Riviera Maya by booking an excursion with Seek and Go in the hotel lobby, or with another vendor.
Popular add-ons to a Cancun vacation include:
- Luxury catamaran sailing to Isla Mujeres, with snorkeling.
- Parasailing and other water sports.
- Day trip to Tulum and swim in a cenote.
The Bottom Line
Of the three Sandos all inclusive resorts in the Quintana Roo region of Mexico, Sandos Cancun shines for the quality of its cuisine, relaxation factor and incredible ocean views. Sandos Cancun is a laid-back Caribbean resort that is close to the airport, easy to navigate and a great option for adult travelers looking for a Mexico escape.
While families are welcome, Sandus Cancun focuses on the adult experience. If you’ll be vacationing with children, check out the Sandos Playacar and Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Playa del Carmen, about an hour away. Both have water parks, kids clubs and activities the whole family can enjoy.
Before your stay, download the Sandos Stay App to check in online and for easy access to a resort map, on site restaurant information and an activity schedule. You can also find details about swimming pools, babysitting, ironing and laundry service, room service, spa treatments and Seek and Go tours and transfers.
Check the Sandos Cancun website for current deals, one of which includes a complimentary airport shuttle if you stay a certain number of nights. For guest reviews and to ask questions about the resort, join the Facebook group for fans of Sandos Cancun.